19 December 2010

WEEK FORTY-NINE - 'ANGELA'S ASHES' & 'THE RESTAURANT AT THE END OF THE UNIVERSE'

'Angela's Ashes' by Frank McCourt
November 29 - December 3, 426 pages

This is a great book. It opened my eyes. I know very little about Ireland and its history so reading McCourt's story was like discovering a new world. His anecdotes of what he had to face in everyday life in a poverty-stricken family are eye-opening. Your heart opens to him and his struggles. It is also beautifully told. McCourt is a wonderful writer. I will definitely be reading more of hiss books. This one tells the story of his childhood, I want to know what happens next!

'The Restaurant at the End of the Universe' by Douglas Adams
December 3 - 5, ~150 pages

Just like its prequel, this novel is hilarious. I am constantly amazed by the perfect way in which Adams constructs his sentences. How is he so funny?!

No comments:

Post a Comment