06 June 2010

WEEK TWENTY-THREE - 'THE GIRL WHO PLAYED WITH FIRE'

'The Girl Who Played with Fire' by Stieg Larsson
June 2 - 5, 569 pages

This is the second book in the Millennium trilogy that I started a few weeks ago.

The second is just as gripping as the first. As it got close to the end where everything would be reveled I needed to stop myself; I was not actually reading, but instead skimming the pages in search of new revelations. I don't often read crime novels like this but when I do they absorb me completely, I swallowed this up because I just needed to know what happened. 

This novel features the same main characters while introducing many more. I liked the way the web got so tangled as more information was discovered. Can't wait for the third. 

I actually felt that at times this book moved slower than the first. Perhaps it was just me being too greedy for answers, but  in the middle of the book I was frustrated that it was moving slowly. Still an excellent read.

No comments:

Post a Comment